from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The sending of money to someone at a distance.
- n. The sum of money sent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A payment to a remote recipient.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of transmitting money, bills, or the like, esp. to a distant place, as in satisfaction of a demand, or in discharge of an obligation.
- n. The sum or thing remitted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of transmitting money, bills, or the like, to another place.
- n. A sum, bills, etc., remitted in payment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a payment of money sent to a person in another place
Sorry, no etymologies found.