from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of disbursing.
- n. Money paid out; expenditure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act, instance, or process of disbursing.
- n. Money paid out or spent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of disbursing or paying out.
- n. That which is disbursed or paid out.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of paying out or expending, as money.
- n. Money paid out; an amount or sum expended, as from a trust or a corporate or public fund: as, the disbursements of the treasury, or of an executor or a guardian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of spending or disbursing money
- n. amounts paid for goods and services that may be currently tax deductible (as opposed to capital expenditures)
Sorry, no etymologies found.