from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of installment.
- n. Standard spelling for all senses.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of installing or giving possession of an office with the usual ceremonies or solemnities; installation.
- n. The seat in which one is installed.
- n. A partial payment on account of a debt due; one of several parts into which a debt is divided for payment at different times: as, to pay for a purchase by or in instalments; to sell goods on instalments (that is, on condition of taking pay by instalments, sometimes with a stipulation that in default of payment of an instalment the seller may retake the goods and keep by way of forfeiture what has been paid).
- n. A part of anything produced or furnished in advance of the remainder; one of a number of parts produced at different times: as, to publish a novel or to deliver stores in or by instalments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a part of a published serial
- n. a part of a broadcast serial
- n. the act of installing something (as equipment)
Sorry, no etymologies found.