from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of flowing out: watched the outflow of the tide.
- n. Something that flows out: an outflow of water from a power plant.
- n. The amount flowing out: a heavy outflow of cash from the country.
- intransitive v. To issue or stream out, in or as if in a flow: Too much money is outflowing from our household.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of flowing out
- v. To flow outward.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A flowing out; efflux.
- intransitive v. To flow out.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A flowing out or forth; efflux; issue.
- To flow out.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a natural flow of ground water
- n. the discharge of a fluid from some container
- n. the process of flowing out
Sorry, no etymologies found.