from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of pouring out.
- n. Something that pours out or is poured out; an outflow: an outpouring of lava; an outpouring of charges and countercharges.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sudden flowing of a large amount of something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An unrestrained expression (of emotion, feeling).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pouring out; outflow; effusion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sudden rapid flow (as of water)
- n. the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written)
- n. the pouring forth of a fluid
- n. a large flow
- n. a natural flow of ground water
Sorry, no etymologies found.