from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or operation of propping with shores.
- n. A system of supporting shores.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of shore.
- n. Temporary bracing used to prevent something, such as a tunnel, trench, or wall, from collapse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of supporting or strengthening with a prop or shore.
- n. A system of props; props, collectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Awry; aslant.
- n. The act of supporting with shores or props.
- n. A number or set of shores or props taken collectively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of propping up with shores
- n. a beam or timber that is propped against a structure to provide support
Sorry, no etymologies found.