from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of gore.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A piece of canvas cut obliquely to widen a sail at the foot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A piece of textile material cut diagonally so as to increase the width of the part to which it is applied, or in a sail to give the required sweep. Also called goring-cloth.
- Cut or made so as to have a broadening slope; of a sail, cut sloping, so as to be broader at the clue than at the earing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. German politician in Nazi Germany who founded the Gestapo and mobilized Germany for war (1893-1946)
Sorry, no etymologies found.