from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A floor.
- n. Material, such as lumber or tile, used in making floors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A floor.
- n. A material used to make floors.
- n. The act of putting one's opponent on the floor.
- v. Present participle of to floor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A platform; the bottom of a room; a floor; pavement. See floor, n.
- n. Material for the construction of a floor or floors.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A floor; floors collectively.
- n. Materials used in the construction of floors.
- n. In brewing, the operation of spreading the grain thinly on the malt-floor, and turning it over carefully several times a day to keep it at the temperature of about 62° F., and thus to check germination.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. building material used in laying floors
- n. the inside lower horizontal surface (as of a room, hallway, tent, or other structure)
The overall venue's flooring is complete, its ceiling is nearly done and millwork is being installed.
The great flooring is made of driftwoods that are collected from the beaches of France.
Tatami rooms are characterized by their flooring, usually slightly padded and covered with woven straw.
And how the wine will be presented in a wooden case using old flooring from the Oval Office.
They considered an installation for the kitchen floor but opted instead to continue with the fir flooring from the neighboring rooms.
So the flooring guy was here by 8 am and started a long day of work. 3 o'clock now and not one piece of the flooring is down ...
The rapidly renewable bamboo flooring is bound with nontoxic glues.
That looks really neat, but I agree, where do you get so many belts to recycle, and the price is really very steep – a 12×12 kitchen would cost almost $11,000 just in flooring materials.
The undeniable beauty of parquet flooring is financially out of reach for many people.
When they are painted and new flooring is installed, along with forced air heat, and cooling, they can be wonderful.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.