American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Bedclothes.
- n. Material, especially straw, on which animals sleep.
- n. A bottom layer; a foundation.
- n. Geology Stratification of rocks into beds.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of placing in a bed; a putting to bed, especially of a newly married couple. See bed, v. t., 4.
- n. A bed and its furniture; the materials of a bed, whether for man or beast.
- n. In geology, as used by most geologists, the exact equivalent of stratification, or occurrence in strata or beds. See bed, bedded, and lamination.
- n. In building, a foundation or bottom layer of any kind.
- n. The seat in which a steam-boiler rests.
- n. The textiles associated with a bed, e.g., sheets, pillowcases, bedspreads, blankets, etc.
- n. Any material used by or provided to animals to lie on.
- n. geology a structure occurring in granite and similar massive rocks that allows them to split in well-defined planes horizontally or parallel to the land surface
- n. horticulture the temporary planting of fast-growing plants into flower beds to create colourful, temporary, seasonal displays, during spring, summer or winter
- v. present participle of bed.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A bed and its furniture; the materials of a bed, whether for man or beast; bedclothes; litter.
- n. (Geol.) The state or position of beds and layers.
- n. material used to provide a bed for animals
- n. coverings that are used on a bed
“The single most important factor that determines the quality of your bedding is the quality of material that it is made of.”
“To prevent this the workmen have a contrivance which they call bedding the tree, which is thus executed.”
“Head gardeners like John Caie, John Gibson and John Fleming rose to the challenge of presenting tender summer annuals in bedding displays, a form of planting that came to epitomise the Victorian garden and which remains fashionable today.”
“The Ipod Touch themed bedding is perfect for those of you who want to sleep on a giant iPod Touch!”
“While supplies last, rugs are 20-30% off and bedding is 30-50% off.”
“The problem with any barrel bedding is that there has to be NO movement period in the stock for it to work.”
“- I always clear the bedding from the front of the recoil lug with a narrow chisel, too.”
“Add shredded paper and leaves as bedding is depleted, and sprinkle the surface with enough water to keep the bedding damp but not wet.”
“Both ends of the tarp are left bare, of course, for the bedding is shorter than the tarp.”
“In the East, this article of bedding is generally a thick quilt of wool or cotton, so that, with its great weight, when steeped in water, it would be a fit instrument for accomplishing the murderous purpose, without leaving any marks of violence.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bedding’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Looking for tweets for bedding.