from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Articles of dress; wearing apparel; garments.
- n.pl. Bedclothes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Items of clothing; apparel.
- n. Plural form of cloth.
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of clothe.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. Covering for the human body; dress; vestments; vesture; -- a general term for whatever covering is worn, or is made to be worn, for decency or comfort.
- n.pl. The covering of a bed; bedclothes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Cloths: the older plural of cloth, now used only in composition, and including usually senses 2 and 3, as in clothes-basket, clothes-horse, clothes-line, etc.
- Garments for the human body; dress; vestments; raiment; vesture.
- Materials for covering a bed; bedclothes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. clothing in general
Middle English, from Old English clāthas, pl. of clāth, cloth.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Middle English cloþes (Wiktionary)
clothe + -s (Wiktionary)