from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of dressing or grooming oneself; toilet.
- n. A person's dress or style of dress.
- n. A gown or costume.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dressing table, typically covered to the floor with cloth (originally, toile) and lace, on which stood a mirror, which might also be draped in lace.
- n. Alternative spelling of toilet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See toilet, 3.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See toilet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of dressing and preparing yourself
French; see toilet.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowing from French toilette, more at toilet. (Wiktionary)