from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hairstyle.
- transitive v. To arrange or dress (hair).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. hairstyle
- v. to style or arrange hair
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A headdress, or manner of dressing the hair.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A head-dress; the manner of arranging or dressing the hair.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the arrangement of the hair (especially a woman's hair)
- v. arrange attractively
French, from coiffer, to coif; see coiffeur.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)