Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A female student in a coeducational college.
- adj. Of an educational institution, that teaches both males and females.
- adj. Of any location, that mixes males and females.
- n. US, dated, informal A young woman who attends college.
- n. US, dated, informal A (generally young) woman, especially on the campus of a college or other educational institute.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a female student at a coeducational college or university.
- adj. having both female and male students; -- of a school.
- n. a female student at a coeducational college or university
- adj. attended by members of both sexes
- Short for the original phrase co-educational referring to an educational institution that taught males and females together. (Wiktionary)
“Among the many, many issues I had with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, you know beside the racist caricatures and general lack of making any sense was when one of the Decepticons took the form of a hot co-ed.”
“In 1960, it would have been absurd for most colleges to have co-ed dorms.”
“Specifically, Animal House, at the closing epitaphs, where John Belushi's character is driving off in a convertible having just sabotaged a parade with a hapless co-ed in the back: "Sen. Bluto and his wife live in Maryland, Virginia.”
“Roethlisberger has been allowed to get all his ducks in a row since the charges were dropped against him from the March 5th incident in Milledgeville, GA where he was accused of sexually assaulting a 20 year old co-ed.”
“There are multiple co-ed hot and cold soaking tubs, a killer view of the water and the two of you can luxuriate together staring up at the stars.”
“I auditioned for Korean co-ed choir and got accepted as a member in 2000, when I was in third grade.”
“The University of California at Los Angeles that's UCLA to you is flirting with the option to allow students to request a co-ed roommate for the 2012 academic year.”
“Yale went co-ed during his tenure - in 1969 - and so did the Glee Club.”
“Synopsis: The story, mainly set in a co-ed school, revolves around Sumika Murasame, a 15 year-old girl who is secretly in love with her female best friend, Ushio Kazama.”
“A Guide to Derby-Speak Roller derby got its start in Chicago in the 1930s as a co-ed skating marathon.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘co-ed’.
A list of interesting words incorporating a hyphen
Words that have been cut down from their original glory, ie. apocopes, but are still 'understandable' in the chopped form. eg. doc for doctor. Most of them are horribilisms, I know :-( Let's keep t...
Looking for tweets for co-ed.