from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A gesture of respect or reverence made chiefly by women by bending the knees with one foot forward and lowering the body.
- intransitive v. To make a curtsy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of curtsey.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as courtesy, 3.
- Same as courtesy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bending the knees; a gesture of respect made by women
- v. make a curtsy; usually done only by girls and women; as a sign of respect
- v. bend the knees in a gesture of respectful greeting
Variant of courtesy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)