from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small bow, generally performed by a woman or a girl, where she crosses one calf of her leg behind the other and briefly bends her knees and lowers her body in deference.
- v. To make a curtsey.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An act of civility, respect, or reverence, made by women, consisting of a slight depression or dropping of the body, with bending of the knees. Same as 2nd courtesy, n..
- intransitive v. to perform a curtsy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bending the knees; a gesture of respect made by women
- v. bend the knees in a gesture of respectful greeting
Shortened from courtesy. This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology. (Wiktionary)