from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To match something or someone which one currently perceives to a memory of some previous encounter with the same entity.
- v. To acknowledge the existence or legality of something.; treat as worthy of consideration or valid.
- v. To acknowledge or consider as something.
- v. To realise or discover the nature of something; apprehend quality in; realise or admit that.
- v. To give an award.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. show approval or appreciation of
- v. detect with the senses
- v. be fully aware or cognizant of
- v. grant credentials to
- v. express greetings upon meeting someone
- v. express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for
- v. accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority
- v. perceive to be the same
Sorry, no etymologies found.
One thing Google has to recognise is when your thinking of rolling out this across the enterprise you have to take into account the needs of all users – and right not I can imaging lots of people in sales and marketing finding gmail unusable due to threading.
What Baggini also fails to recognise is that he; s part of the performance.
What we have to recognise is that we have a real opportunity to cure infectious diseases in the developing world.
What do-good moron bottom-feeders like you fail to recognise is the fact that there is no difference between stealing physical money and stealing company or customer resources and/or time which equates to money.
Let me conclude by saying that the most important issue that we have to recognise is two-fold.
I should like to suggest to you that the cause of all the economic troubles is that we have an economic system which tries to maintain an equality of value between two things, which it would be better to recognise from the beginning as of unequal value.
But if what we remember we hold it in memory, yet, unless we did remember forgetfulness, we could never at the hearing of the name recognise the thing thereby signified, then forgetfulness is retained by memory.
a little African cat mini, which you may recognise from the tease I showed the other day.
i don't feel that way about marvel, however, which i recognise is ridiculous, because not only do you have magic and tech based characters co-existing, but it's all in one city! raides
"the thing that people do not recognise is that Margaret Thatcher is not in terms of belief a conservatory" - For which this blog comes 2nd.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.