from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To match something or someone which one currently perceives to a memory of some previous encounter with the same entity.
- v. To acknowledge the existence or legality of something.; treat as worthy of consideration or valid.
- v. To acknowledge or consider as something.
- v. To realise or discover the nature of something; apprehend quality in; realise or admit that.
- v. To give an award.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. show approval or appreciation of
- v. detect with the senses
- v. be fully aware or cognizant of
- v. grant credentials to
- v. express greetings upon meeting someone
- v. express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for
- v. accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority
- v. perceive to be the same
Sorry, no etymologies found.