from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British Variant of license.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. standard spelling of license
- v. Alternative form of license.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Same as license, licensed, licensee.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. authorize officially
- n. a legal document giving official permission to do something
- n. excessive freedom; lack of due restraint
- n. freedom to deviate deliberately from normally applicable rules or practices (especially in behavior or speech)
From Old French licence, from Latin licentia. (Wiktionary)