from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Lack of temperance, as in the indulgence of an appetite or a passion.
- n. Excessive use of alcoholic beverages.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Lack of moderation or temperance; excess
- n. Drunkenness; gluttony
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of becoming, or state of being, intemperate; excess in any kind of action or indulgence; any immoderate indulgence of the appetites or passions.
- n. Habitual or excessive indulgence in alcoholic liquors.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being intemperate; lack of temperance or moderation; immoderateness or excess in any kind of action; excessive indulgence of any passion or appetite.
- n. In a restricted sense, excessive indulgence in intoxicating drink; habitual lack of temperance in drink, with or without actual drunkenness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being intemperate
- n. excess in action and immoderate indulgence of bodily appetites, especially in passion or indulgence
- n. consumption of alcoholic drinks
Sorry, no etymologies found.