from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A state of being drunk
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being drunken with, or as with, alcoholic liquor; intoxication; inebriety; -- used of the casual state or the habit.
- n. Disorder of the faculties, resembling intoxication by liquors; inflammation; frenzy; rage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being drunk, or overpowered by intoxicants; the habit of indulging in intoxicants; intoxication; inebriation.
- n. Disorder of the faculties resembling intoxication; intense excitement; frenzy; rage.
- n. In mech., unsteadiness, crookedness, or inequality of pitch in a screw, such that the nut either wabbles or does not advance at a constant speed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. habitual intoxication; prolonged and excessive intake of alcoholic drinks leading to a breakdown in health and an addiction to alcohol such that abrupt deprivation leads to severe withdrawal symptoms
- n. the act of drinking alcoholic beverages to excess
- n. a temporary state resulting from excessive consumption of alcohol
drunken + -ness (Wiktionary)