from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of imbibing.
- n. Chemistry Absorption of fluid by a solid or colloid that results in swelling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of imbibing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of imbibing, or absorbing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of imbibing; the absorption of a liquid into the passages or pores of a body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (chemistry) the absorption of a liquid by a solid or gel
- n. the act of consuming liquids
Sorry, no etymologies found.