from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A slice of beef, such as one taken from the loin or the hindquarters, suitable for broiling or frying.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A steak cut from beef cattle.
- n. The beefsteak plant, also known as perilla and shiso.
- n. A beefsteak tomato.
- n. A beefsteak mushroom.
- n. : A celebratory dinner, commonly held in New York between about 1870 and 1940 involving the consumption of enormous quantities of broiled steak and beer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A steak of beef; a slice of beef broiled or suitable for broiling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A steak or slice of beef, cut from the hind quarter, suitable for broiling or frying.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a beef steak usually cooked by broiling
Sorry, no etymologies found.