from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small, cup-shaped quick bread, often sweetened.
- n. An English muffin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a type of flattish bun, usually cut in two horizontally, toasted and spread with butter, etc, before being eaten
- n. A type of rich individual cake containing chocolate chips, blueberries or some other flavouring.
- n. a mechanism used in the Java Network Launching Protocol analogous to the cookie mechanism and which permits a program running in a browser to perform operations on a client machine
- n. a term of endearment
- n. a vulva
- n. a less talented player
- n. a charming, attractive young man
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A light, spongy, cylindrical cake, used for breakfast and tea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A light round spongy cake, the English variety of which is usually eaten toasted and buttered.
- n. A small earthen plate.
- n. One who is given to muffing or acting clumsily in playing a game, but more particularly one who in cricket or base-ball fails to retain hold on a ball which comes into his hands. See muff, n., 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sweet quick bread baked in a cup-shaped pan
The combination worked just as well as in the original bar, although, of course, the muffin is a bit less chocolatey than the bar of chocolate itself.
The main difference between a cupcake and a muffin is a light, open crumb, Flo Braker, expert baker and author of the new and long-awaited Baking for All Occasions, told me.
I loved the Season 7 Curb Your Enthusiasm episode entitled “The Bare Midriff,” in which a woman named Maureen goes around the office in a tiny shirt that reveals her whole stomach—and what they call a muffin top.
SqPixels of Experiments wants to see what you call a muffin and has therefore started a new event called Muffin Monday.
Martha Paschal is a youthful-looking 50-year-old financial consultant with what she calls a "muffin top" - extra rolls of waistline flab.
If the muffin is individually wrapped, then it is always taxable, unless you also buy another piece of prepared food or beverage and the subtotal is less than $4CDN .....
I'm so impressed that this low-fat muffin is now a go-to muffin.
These molds are pretty pricey, but luckily the cannele can be baked in muffin cups, too.
The muffins get a lot of moisture from Greek yogurt, which is used instead of buttermilk or sour cream (which appear frequently in muffin recipes).
The Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes from Cafe Fernando are individual cheesecakes baked in muffin cups.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.