American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The salted and smoked meat from the back and sides of a pig.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Hog's flesh, especially the back and sides, salted or pickled and dried, usually in smoke.
- n. Pork.
- n. 3. A hog; hence, a grossly fat person.
- n. 4. A rustic; a clown: in allusion to the fact that swine's flesh was the meat chiefly eaten by the rural population.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The back and sides of a pig salted and smoked; formerly, the flesh of a pig salted or fresh.
- n. English scientist and Franciscan monk who stressed the importance of experimentation; first showed that air is required for combustion and first used lenses to correct vision (1220-1292)
- n. English statesman and philosopher; precursor of British empiricism; advocated inductive reasoning (1561-1626)
- n. back and sides of a hog salted and dried or smoked; usually sliced thin and fried
- From Middle English bacon ("meat from the back and sides of a pig"), from Anglo-Norman bacon, bacun ("ham, flitch, strip of lard"), from Old Low Frankish *bakō (“ham, flitch”), from Proto-Germanic *bakô, *bakkô (“back”), from Proto-Indo-European *bhAg- (“back, buttocks”). Cognate with Old High German bahho, bacho ("back, ham, side of bacon") (compare Alemannic German Bache, Bachen), Old Saxon baco ("back"), Dutch bake ("side of bacon, ham"), Old English bæc ("back"). More at back. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Old French, of Germanic origin. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“And I packed it cram full, and took along the old tin bread-box, as well, with pancake flour and dried fruit and an extra piece of bacon -- and _bacon_ it is now called in this shack, for I have positively forbidden”
“\ "CA\" bacon = Item. new \ "Chunky bacon\", 42 o. add_item bacon, 1 o. tax (fake_calculator). should”
“\ "CA\" bacon = Item. new \ "Chunky bacon\", 42 o. add_item bacon, 1”
“*ai lub you, ai lub bacon, ai lub you, ai lub bacon*”
“\ "should add tax onto the total\" do o = Order. new \ "CA\" bacon = Item. new \ "Chunky bacon\",”
“June 17, 2010 at 5:13 pm naw, it’s the bacon itseff, just………..bacon………*sigh*”
“\ "CA\"). and_return 3.26 o = Order. new \ "CA\" bacon = Item. new \ "Chunky bacon\", 42 o. add_item bacon, 1 o. tax (fake_calculator). should = = 3.26 end end”
“Trout wrapped in bacon is a gastronomic trope, but trout's delicate flavor is easily masked, Mr. Oringer says.”
“When this routine is disturbed by the Limping Man - who inexplicably throws a fit whenever he hears the word "bacon" - wacky and unsettling developments ensue.”
“I kind of like knowing the bacon is applewood smoked, I much prefer it to ordinary bacon.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bacon’.
you name the setting
I've tuned mine to be gentler and kinder
following suit is not mandatory but would be appreciated
The words piano and sister may not appear on this list. It all started on flaming piano.
bottled water, dudley moore, wads of unpaid bills, casu marzu factories, pogroms, frozen pizzas, breakable glass f..., cacophonists, intransigents, belligerent smurfs, police academy re..., unidentified samp... and 103 more...
In this area of expertise nouns are frequently used as adjectives (almond, bacon, cider, diesel, fennel, fresh-cut hay, wool) or new adjectives are formed (appley, berrylike, citrusy, full-bodied, ...
Sometimes users are also persons.
Words in which the second letter is A
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
For more aporkalyptic fun, see madmouth's Everything's better with a pig in it.
For "references to the Dursleys in Wizard People, Dear Reader, Brad Neely's cosmos-shattering voiceover ...
T-bone - Sounds good!
Shoulder - Alright.
Liver - Fine.
Sweetbread - Okay.
Gizzard - Pushing it.
Brains - What?!
Favorite designs for shower curtains. Inspired by the list Top 500 SAT Words Shower Curtain by jwjarvis.
Words with definitions that have a "hence" in them.
Things that smell good.
Words sometimes have a different meaning on reddit.
trees, ents, bacon?
Looking for tweets for bacon.