American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. Past participle of mistake.
- adj. Wrong or incorrect in opinion, understanding, or perception.
- adj. Based on error; wrong: a mistaken view of the situation.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wrongly taken; misunderstood; misconceived.
- Erroneously entertained, apprehended, received, or done; marked or characterized by mistake; erroneous; incorrect; blundering: said of acts, statements, notions, etc.
- Having made a mistake; laboring under a mistake; in error: said of persons.
GNU Webster's 1913
- Being in error; judging wrongly; having a wrong opinion or a misconception
- Erroneous; wrong.
- adj. arising from error
- adj. wrong in e.g. opinion or judgment
“_ Of course, if he had _seen_, he was mistaken, he would have ceased to _be mistaken_.”
“As it is they are continually reproaching me with what they call my mistaken clemency, and there would be no restraining them did they know of this.”
“He blamed the failure on what he called mistaken concern over the Church's reputation.”
“Also on Thursday, the spokesman for the Defense Ministry announced that four Afghan soldiers were killed by what he described as a mistaken”
“National Army soldiers were killed by what he described as a mistaken NATO air strike in”
“I suggest you humble yourself and just acknowledge you were completely mistaken from the get go …”
“Basil Badley, chief Washington State lobbyist for the insurance industry: “Legislators and consumers were mistaken from the beginning if they thought tort reform was going to lessen personal liability insurance costs.””
“But I still wonder why Land chose to be directed by what he himself calls a mistaken perception?”
“The pundits who thought Delaware Senate Republican candidate Christine O'Donnell was ever doing well among the state's electorate were sadly mistaken from the jump.”
“To say that Paul had tremendous motive to be sure that he was not mistaken is the understatement of a life time.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘mistaken’.
Looking for tweets for mistaken.