Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or obtained from the island of Jamaica in the West Indies, south of Cuba, now belonging to Great Britain, but formerly (1509-1655) to Spain.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Jamaica, the population of which is chiefly black or colored.
- n. A person from Jamaica or of Jamaican descent.
- n. The Jamaican creole language.
- n. Jamaican English.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Jamaica, the Jamaican people or the Jamaican language.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to Jamaica.
- adj. of or relating to Jamaica (the island or the country) or to its inhabitants
- n. a native or inhabitant of Jamaica
“He won the title Jamaican of the Year in 2007 in a contest by the JamBrac Community.”
“Apparently, being killed by a Jamaican is more grievous!”
“Before making its way into the American pop world, “bling” was being tossed around in Jamaican slanguage.”
“Stop #10: Jamaican from the Jamaican Dutchy Cart, west 51st and 7th Ave”
“I mean, I worked on these plays as part of my commitment to evangelism and as a way to work through the meaning of my faith in Jamaican society.”
“A "duppy" in Jamaican folklore is a spirit creature, usually with bad intent.”
“Inspired by a few facts from Errol Flynn's life, and rooting her story firmly in Jamaican history, Cezair-Thompson vividly imagines the life of Ida, who is little more than a child herself when she gives birth to her daughter May, the illegitimate child of 1930/40s movie star Errol Flynn - known as a swashbuckling adventurer on screen, and for his glittering parties and affairs off screen.”
“Just imagine a dimunitive (I think) Asian woman talking back in English, Jamaican style!”
“Jaman Neither a clearinghouse for Jamaican sinsemilla nor the Spanish word for ham, Jaman is a tremendously clever hybrid of pay-streaming, free-streaming, download-to-own and social networking, focused entirely on film and leaning heavily toward independent, classic and foreign-language offerings.”
“It's a bad idea, and besides, why would you call a Jamaican-American an African-American anyway?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Jamaican’.
Variants of the English language
Looking for tweets for Jamaican.