from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a Muslim people of Somalia and adjacent parts of Ethiopia, Kenya, and Djibouti.
- n. The Cushitic language of the Somali and an official language of Somalia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Cushitic language spoken mainly in Somalia and eastern Ethiopia.
- n. A person from Somalia or of Somali descent.
- n. A domestic cat breed.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Somalia, the Somali people or language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Hamitic people of East Central Africa.
- n. of or pertaining to Somalia or to the inhabitants of Somalia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the African republic of Somalia or its people or their language and culture
- n. a member of a tall dark (mostly Muslim) people inhabiting Somalia
- n. the Cushitic language spoken by the Somali
Sorry, no etymologies found.