American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Kurds or their language or culture.
- n. The Iranian language of the Kurds.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Kurdistan or the Kurds.
- n. Language of Kurdistan (In the Mesopotamia region, from the Zagros of mid-western Iran to the eastern extension of the chain of the Taurus Mountains).
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Kurdistan, the Kurdish people or the Kurdish language
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Kurds, the Kurdish language, or Kurdistan.
- n. The language of the Kurds; it is related to Farsi, the modern Iranian language.
- adj. of or relating to Kurdistan or the Kurds or their language and culture
- n. an Iranian language spoken in Turkey and Iran and Iraq and Syria and Russia
“Turkey's army chief says his troops are ready to attack what he calls Kurdish terrorist camps in northern Iraq.”
“Turkey coddles Islamic fascism and terrorism while claiming the high road in attacking what it calls Kurdish terrorism - the Kurds simply want the Turkish oppression of their language, culture and the occupation of the country to end.”
“A deal between Turkey for its recent "anti-Israeli" stance but said Tel Aviv would continue efforts to prison for printing what it called Kurdish rebel propaganda, a ruling likely to raise”
“The Condom vs. AIDS War: DOH taken to task UN forensics experts have to identify ... media, his legal counsel said Friday, as the ruling junta continues its prison for printing what it called Kurdish rebel propaganda, a ruling likely to raise court on Wednesday sentenced a US citizen to three years in prison for fraud and forgery, his lawyer told AFP, despite calls by 50 US lawmakers for”
“In 2002, the Bush administration had what it believed to be reliable intelligence that Ansar al-Islam, a Kurdish Sunni extremist group, was producing chemical weapons at Khurmal in Kurdish-controlled northern Iraq.”
“Radio and Television programmes in Kurdish are beginning and further development is planned.”
“Likewise, the two main Kurdish parties, kingmakers of any new government, have been repeatedly criticised by Amnesty International for the prisons they run in northern Iraq.”
“The argument for keeping a longtime presence in Kurdish Iraq is tremendously stronger than the argument for us trying to stay anywhere else. roger Says:”
“Students they met with were so intrigued by the potential of tools like Twitter, Google, and Wordpress in Arabic, Kurdish, and English for both developing a stronger civil society and to scaring up some work that the delegation, says Liebman, is discussing throwing together a simple hub with a handy URL that points to the free and cheap hosted web services that might quickly help them along their way.”
“The military's conventional language training program, the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, Calif., could not churn out enough American soldiers proficient in Arabic, Kurdish, Dari, Pashtu, and Farsi, and the military quickly turned to private contractors to fill the gap," reporter Gordon Lubold writes.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Kurdish’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
Looking for tweets for Kurdish.