from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Libya or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Libya.
- n. A Berber language of ancient northern Africa.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Libya
- n. A person from Libya or of Libyan descent.
- n. The Libyan language, short for Libyan Arabic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of, the country Libya or its inhabitants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Libya.
- Belonging to or concerning a branch of the Hamitic family of languages found in and about ancient Libya. Also called Berber.
- n. A member of the primitive race inhabiting ancient Libya; a Berber.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to Libya or its people
- n. a native or inhabitant of Libya
Libya + -an. English since the 16th century. (Wiktionary)