from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the northwest; from or to in such a direction.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or being in, the northwest; in a direction toward the northwest; coming from the northwest; northwesterly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or situated in the northwest; lying in or toward the northwest: as, the Northwestern Provinces of British India.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. situated in or oriented toward the northwest
- adj. of a region of the United States generally including Washington; Oregon; Idaho; and sometimes Montana; Wyoming
Sorry, no etymologies found.