Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or situated in the northwest; lying in or toward the northwest: as, the Northwestern Provinces of British India.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the northwest; from or to in such a direction.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or being in, the northwest; in a direction toward the northwest; coming from the northwest; northwesterly.
- adj. situated in or oriented toward the northwest
- adj. of a region of the United States generally including Washington; Oregon; Idaho; and sometimes Montana; Wyoming.
“RANTHAMBHORE NATIONAL PARK, India — Comedian Russell Brand and pop star Katy Perry were married Saturday in northwestern India, the couple confirmed in a statement.”
“RANTHAMBHORE NATIONAL PARK, India mdash; Comedian Russell Brand and pop star Katy Perry were married Saturday in northwestern India, the couple confirmed in a statement ....”
“Had the honor of meeting him yesterday in northwestern Pennsylvania when he announced the President's new broadband initiative for rural America.”
“On this early sortie, Rodriguez and Underhill were flying out of Tabuk, an air base in northwestern Saudi Arabia, near the border with Jordan.”
“Lumholtz spent a total of five years between 1890 and 1898 in northwestern Mexico recording, among other things, the material culture of the Huichols, especially their traditional religious art forms.”
“DENVER — Animal advocacy groups have sought an injunction to stop a roundup of wild horses in northwestern Colorado that's scheduled to begin Monday.”
“The public land designated in northwestern Colorado for wild horses is also supports wildlife, livestock grazing, recreation and other uses, Boyd said.”
“DENVER mdash; Animal advocacy groups have sought an injunction to stop a roundup of wild horses in northwestern Colorado that”
“Yemeni forces killed about 150 Shiite rebels Sunday in northwestern Yemen after the rebels tried to take over the presidential palace in Saada, breaching a recent cease-fire, state-run media reported.”
“Officials say a downed power line near Eureka in northwestern Montana electrocuted more than a dozen animals over a period of months, including a wolf that was "still warm" when it was found earlier this month.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘northwestern’.
Looking for tweets for northwestern.