from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Situated toward the north.
- adj. Coming or being from the north: northerly winds.
- n. A storm or wind coming from the north.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A wind blowing from the north.
- adj. Facing the north; directed towards the north.
- adj. Located in a northern region
- adj. Coming from the north.
- adv. In an northward direction or position; towards the north.
- adv. From the north.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the north; toward the north, or from the north; northern.
- adv. Toward the north.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or being in or toward the north; northern.
- Proceeding from the north.
- Toward the north: as, to sail northerly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. situated in or oriented toward the north
- n. a wind that blows from the north
- adv. in a northern direction
- adj. coming from the north; used especially of wind
Sorry, no etymologies found.