Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or situated in the southwest.
- In the direction of southwest or nearly so: as, to sail a southwestern course.
- From the direction of the southwest or nearly so: as, a southwestern wind.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the southwest.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to the southwest; southwesterly.
- adj. of a region of the United States generally including New Mexico; Arizona; Texas; California; and sometimes Nevada; Utah; Colorado.
- adj. situated in or oriented toward the southwest
- n. a dialect of Middle English
“When in southwestern Iowa and the emergency broadcast network breaks over the radio with a tornado warning ... and you pull off the highway to hide under an overpass ... it's not a cool parenting move to suggest to the 8-year old in the back seat that he look out the window and see if he can spot a funnel cloud.”
“As soon as my savings permitted, I relocated to the west coast, to southern California, and later purchased a small piece of property in southwestern Colorado.”
“For me, Cinderella number one has to be the Animas River in southwestern Colorado.”
“Yes | No | Report from kirkdeeter wrote 30 weeks 2 days ago buckhunter ... down in southwestern Colorado, you need to talk with John Flick of Duranglers in Durango, Colo; duranglers. com.”
“Sandwiched between the famous Madison and Yellowstone Rivers in southwestern Montana is another favorite -- the Gallatin.”
“Two years ago i had the great oppurtunity of hunting the San Juan national forrest in southwestern colorado.”
“Back then, Boehner was the president of Nucite Sales, a plastics company in southwestern Ohio, and a member of the state legislature.”
“Here in southwestern BC they are in season at the beginning of June – as in right now.”
“The empirical evidence up here in southwestern Ontario has been obvious for years.”
“And in southwestern Wisconsin, the lately blue third district looks competitive.”
‘southwestern’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for southwestern.