from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the southwest.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the southwest; southwesterly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or situated in the southwest.
- In the direction of southwest or nearly so: as, to sail a southwestern course.
- From the direction of the southwest or nearly so: as, a southwestern wind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of a region of the United States generally including New Mexico; Arizona; Texas; California; and sometimes Nevada; Utah; Colorado
- adj. situated in or oriented toward the southwest
- n. a dialect of Middle English
Sorry, no etymologies found.
When in southwestern Iowa and the emergency broadcast network breaks over the radio with a tornado warning ... and you pull off the highway to hide under an overpass ... it's not a cool parenting move to suggest to the 8-year old in the back seat that he look out the window and see if he can spot a funnel cloud.
As soon as my savings permitted, I relocated to the west coast, to southern California, and later purchased a small piece of property in southwestern Colorado.
For me, Cinderella number one has to be the Animas River in southwestern Colorado.
Yes | No | Report from kirkdeeter wrote 30 weeks 2 days ago buckhunter ... down in southwestern Colorado, you need to talk with John Flick of Duranglers in Durango, Colo; duranglers. com.
Sandwiched between the famous Madison and Yellowstone Rivers in southwestern Montana is another favorite -- the Gallatin.
Two years ago i had the great oppurtunity of hunting the San Juan national forrest in southwestern colorado.
Back then, Boehner was the president of Nucite Sales, a plastics company in southwestern Ohio, and a member of the state legislature.
Here in southwestern BC they are in season at the beginning of June – as in right now.
The empirical evidence up here in southwestern Ontario has been obvious for years.
And in southwestern Wisconsin, the lately blue third district looks competitive.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.