from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Toward or at the sea.
- n. A seaward place or direction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Being in or facing the direction towards sea, as opposed to the direction to the land.
- adv. In the direction of the sea, toward the sea.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Directed or situated toward the sea.
- adv. Toward the sea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Toward the sea.
- Directed toward the sea.
- Fresh from the sea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. directed or situated away from inland regions and toward the sea or coast
- adj. (of winds) coming from the land
- n. the direction toward the sea
- adv. in the direction of the sea
- adj. (of winds) coming from the sea toward the land
sea + -ward (Wiktionary)