from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Toward or at home.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. towards home
- adj. oriented towards home
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being in the direction of home.
- adv. Toward home; in the direction of one's house, town, or country.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Toward home; toward one's habitation; toward one's native country. Also homewards.
- Being in the direction of home: as, a homeward journey.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. oriented toward home
- adv. toward home
home + -ward (Wiktionary)