from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In the same direction as the rotating hands of a clock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a circular fashion so as to be moving to the right at the top of the circle and to the left at the bottom, in the way that the hands of an analogue/analog clock move.
- adj. Moving clockwise; having rotary motion in the manner of a clock.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. -- of rotatory motion.
- in the same direction as the hands of a clock rotate, as viewed from in front of the clock face; -- said of that direction of a rotation about an axis, or about a point in a plane, which is ordinarily reckoned negative. Also said of the direction of a spiral, in which case the term right-handed is more common. Opposite of
counterclockwise, and left-handed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In the direction of rotation of the hands of a clock: as, the direction of the Amperian currents in the south pole of a magnet is clockwise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in the direction that the hands of a clock move
- adj. in the same direction as the rotating hands of a clock
clock + -wise (Wiktionary)