from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to an optically active chemical that rotates the plane of polarized light to the right, or clockwise: a dextrorotatory solution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That rotates the plane of polarized light to the right, or clockwise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Turning, or causing to turn, toward the right hand; esp., turning the plane of polarization of luminous rays toward the right hand; Cf. levorotatory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as dextrogyrate.
- In botany, turning or twining to the right. See right-handed, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. rotating to the right
dextro- + rotatory (Wiktionary)