from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or located on the right side; right.
- adj. Right-handed.
- adj. Zoology Of or relating to a gastropod shell that coils clockwise and has its aperture to the right when facing the observer with the apex upward.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the right side
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Right, as opposed to sinistral, or left.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Right, as opposed to left; right-hand.
- In conchology, dextrorse: applied to univalve shells whose aperture is on the right side when the shell is held in front of the observer with the apex upward and the aperture downward toward him: opposed to sinistral. Most shells are dextral.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or on the right
- adj. preferring to use right foot or hand or eye
Sorry, no etymologies found.