from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Situated toward the south.
- adj. Coming or being from the south: southerly winds.
- n. A storm or wind coming from the south.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A wind blowing from the south.
- adj. coming from the south.
- adj. Facing the south; directed towards the south.
- adj. Located towards the south
- adv. In a southward direction or position; towards the south.
- adv. From the south.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Southern.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lying in the south or in a direction nearly south: as, a southerly point.
- Proceeding from the south or a point nearly south.
- n. Same as south-southerly.
- Toward the south.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. toward the south
- adj. situated in or oriented toward the south
- adv. from the south
- n. a wind from the south
- adj. from the south; used especially of wind
Sorry, no etymologies found.