from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of Antarctic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Opposite to the northern or arctic pole; relating to the southern pole or to the region near it, and applied especially to a circle, distant from the pole 23° 28′. Thus we say the antarctic pole, circle, ocean, region, current, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Opposite to the north or arctic pole; relating to the south pole or to the region near it: as, the antarctic pole, current, or ocean.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the region around the south pole: Antarctica and surrounding waters
- adj. at or near the south pole
Sorry, no etymologies found.