from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or resembling regions just south of the Arctic Circle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Region immediately outside of the Arctic Circle or regions similar to these in climate or conditions of life.
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of the subarctic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Approximately arctic; belonging to a region just without the arctic circle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Nearly arctic; existing or occurring a little south of the arctic circle: as, a subarctic region or fauna; subarctic animals or plants; a subarctic climate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to latitudes just south of the Arctic Circle
sub- + arctic (Wiktionary)