from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characteristic of or befitting brothers; fraternal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or characteristic of brothers.
- adv. In the manner of a brother, as a brother, as brothers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to brothers; such as is natural for brothers; becoming to brothers; kind; affectionate.
- adv. Like a brother; affectionately; kindly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to brothers; such as is natural for brothers; becoming brothers; kind; affectionate: as, brotherly love.
- After the manner of a brother; kindly; affectionately.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. (archaic as adverb) in a brotherly manner
- adj. like or characteristic of or befitting a brother
Sorry, no etymologies found.