from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having qualities generally attributed to a woman.
- adj. Belonging to or representative of a woman; feminine: womanly attire. See Synonyms at female.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the characteristics of a woman; feminine, female.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Becoming a woman; feminine.
- adv. In the manner of a woman; with the grace, tenderness, or affection of a woman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characteristic of, like, or befitting a woman; suiting a woman; feminine; not masculine; not girlish: as, womanly behavior.
- Synonyms Womanish, Ladylike, etc. See feminine.
- In the manner of a woman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. befitting or characteristic of a woman especially a mature woman
woman + -ly (Wiktionary)