from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or prompted by instinct.
- adj. Arising from impulse; spontaneous and unthinking: an instinctive mistrust of bureaucrats.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. related to or prompted by instinct
- adj. driven by impulse, spontaneous and without thinking.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to instinct; derived from, or prompted by, instinct; of the nature of instinct; determined by natural impulse or propensity; acting or produced without reasoning, deliberation, instruction, or experience; spontaneous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Prompted by or of the nature of instinct.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. unthinking; prompted by (or as if by) instinct
Sorry, no etymologies found.