from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or caused by temperament: our temperamental differences.
- adj. Excessively sensitive or irritable; moody.
- adj. Likely to perform unpredictably; undependable: a temperamental motor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, related to, or caused by temperament
- adj. subject to changing and unpredictable emotional states; moody, capricious; sometimes used figuratively to describe user-unfriendly or unstable machines or software that are either complicated and/or have poorly written instructions and are subsequently difficult to operate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to temperament; constitutional.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to temperament.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or caused by temperament
- adj. likely to perform unpredictably
- adj. subject to sharply varying moods
Sorry, no etymologies found.