from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of race or races.
- adj. Arising from or based on differences among human racial groups: racial conflict; racial discrimination.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to a race or a people
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a race or family of men.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or pertaining to race or lineage, or to a race or races of living beings; characteristic of race or of a race.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or characteristic of race or races or arising from differences among groups
- adj. of or related to genetically distinguished groups of people
Sorry, no etymologies found.
HAYES: I think this is part of the problem, frankly, he says it ` s suspicious that I would use the term racial preference.
Don't forget that racial profiling has been going on long before we had the term racial profiling.
Huang notes that there is a history of what he calls "racial ventriloquism" in the United States, dating from early minstrel shows with white performers wearing black-face makeup.
After Schlessinger aired a rant about race and what she called racial "hypersensitivity," which lasted nearly six minutes, and included eleven fully articulated, uncensored instances of the N-word, it wasn't the FCC that came down on her.
So, she was not trying to inject more what I call racial animus into a fire that is already out of control.
Thousands are expected to rally in Jena, Louisiana, tomorrow to protest what they call a racial injustice.
In school, there were more lessons about what they called racial science, more lecturing about degenerate art.
Unfortunately, McDonalds has come along with a new what I call racial profiling marketing plan, and what I think is a racist maneuver has decided that 21 percent Latino population can ` t speak English.
I quote: white people have retina scans, they have what they call racial profiling, DNA banks and they're monitoring our people to try to prevent the one person from coming up with the one idea.
HATCH: Well, you can't prefer one group over another in this day and age, that's what you call racial quotas.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.