from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the evolutionary descent and development of a species or group of organisms; phylogenetic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to phylogeny; phylogenetic
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a race or tribe.
- In biology, pertaining to a phylum of the animal kingdom, or to the construction of phyla; phylogenetic.
- In botany, relating to the divisions of the vegetable kingdom viewed genetically; phylogenetic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the evolutionary development of organisms
From Greek phūletikos, of or for a tribesman, from phūletēs, tribesman, from phūlē, tribe.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)