from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, resembling, or relating to Samuel Johnson or his writings.
- n. An admirer or a student of Samuel Johnson or his work.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Samuel Johnson (1709–1784), English writer and lexicographer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to or resembling Dr. Johnson or his style; pompous; inflated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to or characteristic of Dr. Samuel Johnson, his writings (especially his English dictionary), or his style.
Johnson + -ian (Wiktionary)