from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The pelt of a raccoon.
- n. An article, such as a hat, made of the pelts of raccoons.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The pelt of a raccoon
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a cap made from the skin of a raccoon, with the tail hanging down the back; -- called also coonskin cap.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The skin of the racoon dressed with the fur on, used chiefly for making caps.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a raccoon cap with the tail hanging down the back
Sorry, no etymologies found.