from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Sordid; base: "seamy tales of aberrant sexual practices, messy divorces, drug addiction, mental instability, and suicide attempts” ( Barbara Goldsmith).
- adj. Having, marked with, or showing a seam.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sordid, squalid or corrupt.
- adj. Having or showing a seam.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a seam; containing seams, or showing them.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a seam or seams; containing or showing seams.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing a seam
- adj. morally degraded
seam + -y (Wiktionary)