from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Unpleasant; disagreeable: found cocktail parties distasteful.
- adj. Objectionable; offensive: used distasteful language.
- adj. Expressing aversion or dislike: shot me a distasteful glance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a bad or foul taste
- adj. unpleasant
- adj. offensive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Unpleasant or disgusting to the taste; nauseous; loathsome.
- adj. Offensive; displeasing to the feelings; disagreeable.
- adj. Manifesting distaste or dislike; repulsive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Nauseous; unpleasant or disgusting to the taste; hence, offensive in general.
- Indicating distaste, dissatisfaction, or dislike; repulsive; malevolent.
- Synonyms Unpalatable, unsavory, disagreeable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust
- adj. not pleasing in odor or taste
While you may regard the suggestion of irregularities distasteful, it is the irregularities themselves that you should find distasteful.
As for your question: your desire to punish people for engaging in behaviour you find distasteful is just as obnoxious as when anyone else does it.
It is precisely the libs paranoia and hate that distinguishes them from him & makes certain distasteful possibilities eligible for consideration.
The cooler heads counsel to look at the big picture, focus our anger on the larger swindle or understand that we have to put up with certain distasteful practices if we're going to get this mess cleaned up.
Cooking food, though distasteful, is a Human fashion, and therefore irrelevant.
The aspect of this article I find most distasteful is that it clearly attempts to make any legitimacy of torture seem nothing more than one “allegedly tortured prisoner”.
What I do find distasteful is a "conservative" like Burns who is willing to spend money "like a drunken sailor" but who claims to be fiscally responsible.
I sure find Putin distasteful - but he made a good point.
So, encouraging GE to NOT waste those resources on a program many will find offensive or distasteful is NOT THE SAME THING as killing the show.
But the kicker that I find utterly distasteful is pointing out how he is just like Pat Robertson.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.