from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing extreme irritation or chagrin; vexing: a galling delay; a galling setback to their plans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. vexing, humiliating
- v. Present participle of gall.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fitted to gall or chafe; vexing; harassing; irritating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Such as to gall, irritate, or distress; extremely annoying; harrowing; provoking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. causing irritation or annoyance
From gall + -ing. The adjective follows from the verb. (Wiktionary)